Health and Wellbeing Board
Leicestershire’s Health and Wellbeing Board is made up of local councillors, GPs, health and social care officials and representatives of patients and the public. The board was set up to lead and direct work to improve the health and wellbeing of the population of Leicestershire through the development of improved and integrated health and social care services.
The Role and function of the Health and Wellbeing Board
- To identify needs and priorities across Leicestershire, and publish and refresh the Leicestershire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) so that future commissioning/policy decisions and priorities are based on evidence.
- To prepare and publish a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Plan on behalf of the County Council and its partner clinical commissioning groups so that work is done to meet the needs identified in the JSNA in a co-ordinated, planned and measurable way.
- In conjunction with all partners, to communicate and engage with local people in how they can achieve the best possible quality of life and be supported to exercise choice and control over their personal health and wellbeing.
- To approve the Better Care Fund Plan including a pooled budget used to transform local services so people are provided with better integrated care and support together with proposals for its implementation.
- To have oversight of the use of relevant public sector resources to identify opportunities for the further integration of health and social care services.
Meeting agendas and minutes
For all the agendas, reports and minutes from previous meetings, including a list of dates for forthcoming meetings, please visit: http://politics.leics.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=1038.
Key documents relating to the Health and Wellbeing Board can be found here: http://www.lsr-online.org/health-and-wellbeing-leicestershire3.html
Click on this link to view the Health and Wellbeing Annual Report 2017
It is with deep regret that the County Council has to announce the death of Ernie White CC, on Tuesday 2 January 2018 who was the Chair of the Health and Wellbeing Board. A statement from the Leader of the Council is available on the Leicestershire County Council website.