Health and Wellbeing Board
Leicestershire’s Health and Wellbeing Board is made up of local councillors, GPs, health and social care officials and representatives of patients and the public. The board was set up to lead and direct work to improve the health and wellbeing of the population of Leicestershire through the development of improved and integrated health and social care services.
The Role and function of the Health and Wellbeing Board
- To identify needs and priorities across Leicestershire, and publish and refresh the Leicestershire Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) so that future commissioning/policy decisions and priorities are based on evidence.
- To prepare and publish a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Plan on behalf of the County Council and its partner clinical commissioning groups so that work is done to meet the needs identified in the JSNA in a co-ordinated, planned and measurable way.
- In conjunction with all partners, to communicate and engage with local people in how they can achieve the best possible quality of life and be supported to exercise choice and control over their personal health and wellbeing.
- To approve the Better Care Fund Plan including a pooled budget used to transform local services so people are provided with better integrated care and support together with proposals for its implementation.
- To have oversight of the use of relevant public sector resources to identify opportunities for the further integration of health and social care services.
Members of the Health and Wellbeing Board
- Louise Richardson CC – Chairman of the Health and Wellbeing Board
- Christine Radford CC – Cabinet Lead Member for Adult Social Care
- Deborah Taylor CC – Lead Member for Children and Young People
- Andy Williams – Chief Executive for Leicester City, West Leicestershire and East Leicestershire and Rutland CCGs
- Rachna Vyas – Executive Director for Integration and Transformation, Leicester City CCG
- Sarah Prema – Executive Director of Strategy and Planning, East Leicestershire CCG
- Dr Vivek Varakantam – East Leicestershire and Rutland Clinical Commissioning Group Board Member
- Professor Mayur Lakhani – Chair, West Leicestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
- John Sinnott – Chief Executive of Leicestershire County Council
- Mike Sandys -Director of Public Health
- Jon Wilson – Director of Adults and Communities, Leicestershire County Council
- Jane Moore Director of Children and Family Services
- Councillor Jeffrey Kaufman – District Councillor
- Cllr Cheryl Cashmore – District Councillor
- Edd de Coverly – Chief Executive of Melton Borough Council
- Ch. Supt Adam Streets Leicestershire Police
- Mark Wightman – Director of Strategy and Communications, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Hayley Jackson – Assistant Director of Strategy & Transformation-LLR, NHS England
- Rupert Matthews – Police and Crime Commissioner
- Mark Powell – Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Leicestershire Partnership Trust
- Harsha Kotecha – Healthwatch Leicester and Leicestershire
- Mukesh Barot – Healthwatch Leicester and Leicestershire
Meeting agendas and minutes
For all the agendas, reports and minutes from previous meetings, including a list of dates for forthcoming meetings, please visit: http://politics.leics.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=1038.
Key documents relating to the Health and Wellbeing Board can be found here: http://www.lsr-online.org/health-and-wellbeing-leicestershire3.html
Click on this link to view the Health and Wellbeing Annual Report 2020-21