Assistive Technology offers a variety of different systems and devices to help keep those in need safe and supported. They are designed to help people continue living independently in the community for longer, delaying and preventing admission to hospital, residential or nursing care.
The equipment also helps carers to support them in their role of caring.
- TV loops – can help people who are hard of hearing without turning the TV up very loud
- Vibrating/flashing smoke alarms
- Phones with large buttons – can be set to dial frequently used numbers
- Key finders – can help people with memory problems find lost keys
- Flashing doorbells
- Telephone alerters – can support people who are hard of hearing
- Vibrating/flashing alarm clock
- Calendar clocks – can remind people of what day and month it is and if it is day or night
- A phone – with a pendant that can alert a family member
How do I get Assistive Technology?
Contact the Leicestershire County Council customer service team for more information or to arrange for an assessment:
Telephone: 0116 305 0004
Minicom: 0116 305 9376
Typetalk: 18001 0116 305 9395
Fax: 0116 305 9375
Mobile (only text): 07949 633 788
The assessment will:
- Look at individual needs that could be met by using equipment; such as if you are at risk of falling or forgetting important things like taking medication
- Take into account people’s existing support network and services